Thank you for using Known2Me. Your privacy is very important to us.
You entrust us with sensitive information and we take that responsibility seriously.
We wrote this Policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have when using our website (http://known2me.com) and our mobile app (collectively, "K2M"). If you don't already know, K2M offers phonebook automation and productivity ("Service") that makes keeping your phonebook up-to-date and assists with your privacy controls over your contact data. We use your personal data to provide you with the Service and we explain this in more detail below.
K2M is designed, engineered and marketed by Known2Me Ltd , a registered business in the United Kingdom with number 11103826. Our registered office is at 11 Blackheath Village, London, SE3 9LA, United Kingdom.
At Known2Me Ltd, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and website visitors. We completely appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our Service, the data controller - the company that's responsible for your privacy - is Known2Me Ltd.
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways – what we do depends on the information. The app will only share information with those whom you choose to share it with. Known2Me will only be able to see the details you wish us to see.
- Contact information and basic personal details such as your e-mail address. We collect this to provide you with K2M. For example, we'll use this information to verify your login details and to keep you up to date by sending you information about K2M (only with your permission).
- Phone and or email information of the contact you request us to share your profile with. This is a fundamental part of the service and we require those details in order to send your updatable details to that contact's phonebook. No one else can see this data and we do not share it out or sell it. Additionally, once the message has been sent from the app the contact's details are deleted from our servers and replaced with a randomly generated user identification.
- Upgrade to Pro: If you choose to upgrade the service to a Pro version then it will include the backup of your phonebook's data. This involves that data being hosted in the cloud.
- Location: When you use K2M, we and our third party providers (such as Mixpanel and Intercom) may collect location data on your device (such as WiFi, wireless network triangulation or other methods). We may also approximate your location based on your IP address. We do this for our own market research and analysis as well as developing statistics. For example, we analyse the geographical distribution of our users.
- Information about how you access and use K2M including, for example, how frequently you access K2M, the time you access K2M and how long you use K2M for, whether you access K2M from multiple devices, and other actions you take on K2M. We use this information to monitor and improve K2M and our business, to help us develop new products and services, and to administer K2M for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal data (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services.
How we share your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or financial information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that. However, we share your data with the following categories of people or companies as an essential part of being able to provide K2M to you, as set out in this statement:
- Your contacts: We will share your personal data with the contacts you choose to share with to allow your contact details to go in their phone and be updateable.
- Professional service providers, for example, marketing agencies and website hosts who help us run our business such as MongoDB, Intercom, Mixpanel, PDFCrowd, Dropbox and Google.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: If we need to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcements.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you. For example, "We have 10 million users in the United Kingdom."
Legal basis for processing in the EU
If you are a resident in the EU, we need to tell you the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information. Please note that we will use the following such legal basis:
- processing your personal data is necessary for the performance of any contractual relationship we have with you;
- where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations laid down by EU law; or
- where in our legitimate interests provided these are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms (this includes our own legitimate interests and those of other entities and branches in our group of companies) for the following purposes: (i) to contact you and respond to your requests and enquiries; (ii) for business administration, including statistical analysis; (iii) to personalise your visit to K2M; and (iv) for fraud prevention and detection and to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practices.
If you said we can, we'll send you marketing messages. Most messages we send will be by the app, and some via email. For some messages, we may use personal data we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant information to share with you. If you do not want to receive such messages from us, you will be able to tell us when we first collect your contact details. You can change your marketing preferences anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
If we need to provide you with information about something, whether for legal, marketing or other business-related purposes, we will select what we believe is the best way to get in contact with you. We will usually do this through email or by placing a notice on K2M. The fact that we may send notices to you will not stop you from being able to opt out of certain types of contact as described in this Policy.
The security of your personal data is important to us. However, please be aware that there are inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and we cannot therefore 100% guarantee the security of any data disclosed to K2M.
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal data we collect will be stored on secure servers. All electronic transaction entered into via K2M will be protected by SSL encryption technology.
Where you register for an account on K2M, you are responsible for maintaining your account's security.
International Transfers of your Personal Data
The personal data we collect via K2M may be transferred to, and processed and stored in, countries outside of the jurisdiction you are in where we and our third-party service providers have operations. If you are located in the EEA, your personal data may be processed outside of the EEA, including, for example, in the United States; these international transfers of your personal data are made (i) to a country or territory ensuring an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data as determined by the European Commission, or (ii) to a the third party that is a member of a compliance scheme recognised as offering adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects as determined by the European Commission, or (iii) pursuant to appropriate safeguards, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses (processors) approved by European Commission Decision C(2010)593 or any subsequent version thereof released by the European Commission or the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. If you wish to enquire further about these safeguards used, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this Policy.
Keeping your information
We retain your personal data indefinitely. However, if you ask us to delete your personal data in line with your rights below, we will remove your personal data from our systems within 30 days of your request.
Your rights relating to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about how your personal data is being used
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the marketing messages
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service< provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner's Office
- If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to third party sites
K2M may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are pieces of code that allow for personalisation of K2M experience by saving your information such as user ID and other preferences. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your device's hard disk (such as your computer or smartphone) for record-keeping purposes.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of K2M such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around K2M when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way K2M works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to K2M. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
Although we do our best to honour your privacy preferences, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by means of a prominent notice on K2M prior to the change becoming effective.
We always want to hear from our customers. If you:
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we would be happy to answer any questions you may have.